Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dual steering stabilizer?

Old 02-15-2016, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasnt lifted when i bought it, didnt have any problems before i did anything. Not saying nothing was there but all seemed tight.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't waste the money. I don't run mine anymore and I honestly can't tell the difference.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, if everything is dialed in correctly and no parts are loose or bad you won't need a steering stabilizer. If you feel the need to run one, find a stock one that is for sale for cheap. I ran without one on 35s and 37s. I did run one with 37s for awhile until I found my problem (loose trackbar).
Old 02-15-2016, 01:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jcasto
iv got a 2.5" lift
I do have a touch of bump steer at the moment,
have bought rough country track bar relocation mount just havent put on yet.
What components came in the lift?
Front or rear trackbar bracket?
It is bumpsteer? Not flighty or wandering from low caster?

If that is a front trackbar bracket - do not install it! (unless you already installed their drop pitman - which you should not have with only a 2.5" lift...)

Last edited by nthinuf; 02-15-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

i run a dual stabilizer with my rig. i hav 35"tires, 3.25" lift, front & rear track bars and front quick disconnects. All Rough Country componets. Been runnin this set up for 6months. i have no complaints. i make it a habit to check my rig after each jeep outing and alls good. i know i dont need the dual stabilizer but no problems thus far and the ride is quite comfortable both on and off road. Just my experience and opinion.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcasto
Im planning on buying new shocks, iv got a 2.5" lift on my 09 jku. Shocks are stocks, so i planned on replacing with either the skyjacker, or rough country. "Any opinions on either of these would be appriciated".That all being said i can spend the extra $ and get the dual steering stabilizer or i can just go with the single. Question being, is there enough benifit to having the duals to do it or not? I do have a touch of bump steer at the moment, have bought rough country track bar relocation mount just havent put on yet. Appriciate your time.
I run the dual bilstein on mine with a 4.5" lift and 37's.

Don't get why people say they are not needed...so stupid. Don't need sway bars either but they sure help comfort and stability.

Jeep puts them on stock for a reason. If people claim going to 35's or 37's needs all sorts of upgrades to axles and ball joints and control arms why the hell wouldn't a factory stabilizer need it too? Are they stronger than your axles?

Just a bunch of parrots regurgitating what other people say...who are wrong anyway.

I have a well set up and dialed in front end with DL flip, JKS track bar etc..and felt a more solid steering feel and a little less feedback in the wheel.

Do it....you'll be glad you did

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
The following users liked this post:
Jmorg23 (12-01-2021)
Old 02-15-2016, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Was just the coil spring lifts, shocks mount lifts, break line brackets. Came with it when i bought the jeep was just never installed. Didnt come with anything else, bought the bracket after the install.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf

What components came in the lift?
Front or rear trackbar bracket?
It is bumpsteer? Not flighty or wandering from low caster?

If that is a front trackbar bracket - do not install it! (unless you already installed their drop pitman - which you should not have with only a 2.5" lift...)
Happens only when i come across divits in the road at 15-25 mph like i said it dont get crazy just enough in the steering wheel for me to know its there. Sorry if im missing anything as to your question.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Darts to one side, tire starts hopping a bit, something else?

Front or rear trackbar bracket? A rear raised trackbar bracket is ok. But up front, you want the trackbar and draglink to remain roughly parallel to each other. If you raise the axle end of the trackbar with a bracket (or lower the frame end), you will make the steering worse, not better. Front brackets are used as part of a draglink flip or with a drop pitman.

If you go up to JK Writeups, stuck right to the top is a diagnosis thread for shimmy and deathwobble. Wouldn't hurt to go through the steps to make sure that all of your joints are in good shape and that all of the bolts are tight. Might be nothing more than a loose trackbar bolt or something.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Darts to one side, tire starts hopping a bit, something else?

Front or rear trackbar bracket? A rear raised trackbar bracket is ok. But up front, you want the trackbar and draglink to remain roughly parallel to each other. If you raise the axle end of the trackbar with a bracket (or lower the frame end), you will make the steering worse, not better. Front brackets are used as part of a draglink flip or with a dropped pitman.

If you go up to JK Writeups, stuck right to the top is a diagnosis thread for shimmy and deathwobble. Would hurt to go through the steps to make sure that all of your joints are in good shape and that all of the bolts are tight. Might be nothing more than a loose trackbar bolt or something.
Feels more like a soft side to side jerking motion. Its a front trackbar bracket, havent installed just bought off a tip. Thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply: dual steering stabilizer?