Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dual steering stabilizer

Old 04-11-2014, 08:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with the cheap one or no stabilizer, and depending on your build plan you may just want to save for hydro assist...ive ran single and dual and really like not having one, i can tell very quickly when something may be knocked out of place or getting worn out. Even though im going assist, im going to definitely check for wear and such much more.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it when people discount the Fox ATS when they have no experience with it. It is worth the money and is much better than the factory stabilizer. My steering feels so much better with the Fox over the OEM stabilizer. I love mine.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

All they do is dampen or numb the steering wheel feel, making it harder to turn the wheel. Its a personal preference thing. If you are happy to have it great.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yup. Feelsgoodman.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I would't waste the money on a steering stabilizer. The factory one is sufficient and money can be spent elsewhere that will actually do something for you. The fox gets great reviews by those that have invested in it but Imo it is a poor design using single sheer mounts that are inherently weak.
I too didn't like the way it mounts stock. That's why I went with a better alternative by using the Synergy relocation bracket. Double sheer mount and it also relocates up and away. It's a nice piece.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

I run the dual Bilstein setup and could not be happier... gas shocks perform better as a steering damper but used as a single, the preload constantly pushes to one side. using them as doubles with opposide direction eliminates that push as well as the tough turnung.

Sent via my bongo drums...
Old 04-18-2014, 01:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by emkay
I run the dual Bilstein setup and could not be happier... gas shocks perform better as a steering damper but used as a single, the preload constantly pushes to one side. using them as doubles with opposide direction eliminates that push as well as the tough turnung.

Sent via my bongo drums...
And so does the ATS. I can't seeing two high charged gas shocks being good for the steering pump.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
And so does the ATS. I can't seeing two high charged gas shocks being good for the steering pump.
Why? They work opposite to each other, so that eliminates the forces... Turning the wheels is easier than with the stock AEV/ OME I had before...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: dual steering stabilizer