Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dual batteries or nay????

Old 12-23-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Ok the redundancy angle makes sense. I appreciate the responses... sans the obvious sarcasm. I guess it should be on my future mods list now
sarcasm runs strong in my family, i hope you got a chuckle out of it
Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

I know I laughed. Can say the same thing about the spare tire also. But then I've actually used my 2nd battery more than the spare to tell the truth. If you overland at all I think the 2nd battery becomes that much more important. I run my ARB fridge and other comforts of life all night without worries.

Last edited by FrostByte; 12-23-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nwapache

sarcasm runs strong in my family, i hope you got a chuckle out of it
It was touché for sure
Old 12-23-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA

Yes, thank you from me too. I picked up a Cole Hersee master catalog (D-275) yesterday. Wow. I'm old school and still like a real catalog better than a website. There is a lot of cool stuff in there. Definitely worth a look if you have the time.
Yeah and you can take it to the bathroom with you...
Old 12-23-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I have read some posts here about having problems with Benchmark, I have had nothing but great service. I spent about 30 min. talking with John, and he was very helpful answering all of my questions. I orderd a stage 3 kit and heavy duty winch cables and had them on my doorstep in about 12 days. I have not had time to do the full install yet, but I found a Sears sale on $190 each for the platinum diehards.

The reason I went with duels is because I hunt for long periods of time out of my jeep, often in remote territory, sometimes in dangerous areas along the border. I need dependable battery power. If I were just running local trails, or always with another rig out wheeling, I would probably have spent my money on something else.

Regards,

Walker
Old 12-23-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walker
While I have read some posts here about having problems with Benchmark, I have had nothing but great service. I spent about 30 min. talking with John, and he was very helpful answering all of my questions. I orderd a stage 3 kit and heavy duty winch cables and had them on my doorstep in about 12 days. I have not had time to do the full install yet, but I found a Sears sale on $190 each for the platinum diehards.

The reason I went with duels is because I hunt for long periods of time out of my jeep, often in remote territory, sometimes in dangerous areas along the border. I need dependable battery power. If I were just running local trails, or always with another rig out wheeling, I would probably have spent my money on something else.

Regards,

Walker
I don't know how you did it but I'm out 400 for the stage 3 kit. I ordered in April. No answered calls, pm's, or emails.
I can't imagine anyone buying from them.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi

I have talked to john about 3 times the last week, he has made my stage 3 and shipped it on Tuesday. Good service with me.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Hope it works out for you, I like my stage 3 a lot.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Dealing with Benchmark is like riding an HIV positive hooker barebacked... your odds are not great for a happy outcome.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

I didn't get mine from Benchmark directly. I actually bought it from a 3rd party vendor who did all my calling (i.e. complaining) for me for the same price I think I might have even got it quicker because I bought it through another vendor.

Last edited by FrostByte; 12-23-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply: dual batteries or nay????