Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dual batteries or nay????

Old 12-22-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ Thanks for the information guys! I'll just have to find the closest Sears to my location now. Choices for parts etc are a bit limited up here!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have the part # for the DieHard Platinum batteries???
Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

I know the Platinum P1 group size 34 and P4 group size 34/78 both work. I went with the P4 only because it has more connections. They are both the same battery otherwise.

Sears Item# 02850090000
Old 12-22-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Langhorne
. More positives then negatives .
Naahh at the end you should ONLY have 2 Positives and 2 Negatives (OR 8 all tolled if using a dual terminal battery) You are just like me .... if you are going to do it .... effin' DO IT GOOD!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

my lights dim down a bit too and i dont have any extra lights or winch so i went a buy a new battery (red top) and when i roll down the windows my lights dim down a bit, maybe the alternator is the prob dont u think? i saw this: http://www.quadratec.com/products/55112_5011.htm do u think this will help or do i need a dual battery set up
Old 12-22-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Still not sold on the dual battery thing. Have been winching for awhile now and have pulled myself and others out of mud, ruts, rocks and miscallaneous, and all on a stock battery. My JK starts up on the first try every day and I've never lost power while winching. I'll run my stocker till it dies and resume using one battery.

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 12-22-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by samhardy2008
Thanks y'all,I appreciate it....one more question,is my winch ok exposed to the rain or should I buy a winch cover? I just sold my commuter car and my Jeep has officially become my daily driver but yeah I've never owned a winch before that's why im asking such a noon question lol
Winch is basically waterproof. Works in rain, submerged in water, powerwashed, you should be fine. I have a cover for mine but never use it. Doesn't bother the winch one bit.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Not to mention a second battery add another 50-60 lbs to the front...
Old 12-22-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Still not sold on the dual battery thing. Have been winching for awhile now and have pulled myself and others out of mud, ruts, rocks and miscallaneous, and all on a stock battery. My JK starts up on the first try every day and I've never lost power while winching. I'll run my stocker till it dies and resume using one battery.
I'm still not sold on the tourniquet thing. I've been wheeling for a while now, drunk, sober, day, night and all with the limbs god gave me. I haven't lost an arm or a leg yet. I'll run without a tourniquet until my arm gets chopped off, then i'll laugh about it....

Dual batteries aren't about cool factor or having enough amperage to power a laser beam tree trimmer. They are about saving your ass when you are 8 miles deep and screwed blue without 'em. If I never end up with a dead battery at dusk on the side of a mountain, I will still be happy with 2 batteries instead of one.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really appreciate the input, so best bang for the buck and over all functionality which is the best kit you can buy??

Quick Reply: dual batteries or nay????