Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ds talk

Old 11-28-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds talk

Jus noticed that I may need to change front ds an need ur advise. So I Jus got done reading some older threads an they were talking about some ds that come with adapter pieces an others coming with new yokes. What's the difference between the two an which is the better application with the least problems? Advise please.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

The ones with the adapters will bolt directly onto your JK. The ones with the yokes , you will need to put these yokes in your transfer case and differentials. I was told you want to go with the yokes to avoid driveshaft vibrations. I just ordered a set of Coast shafts from Northridge.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

So how hard is it to install new yokes? An is there anything I can throw out of adjustment or screw up?
Old 11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Down in the write-ups area, there is an index at the top.

The adapters move the mounting points further out (away from the pinion and tcase outputs) which creates steeper shaft angles and more opportunity for vibes. New yokes are considered to be the better option.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the info on ds an the write up area. Do all coast ds come with replacement yokes?
Old 11-28-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

I couldn't find the yoke style shafts on Coasts website. All I could find were the ones with the adapter shafts. Going off of Eddies write-up, and the picture on Norhtridge website, I'm assuming what I have coming has the yokes.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Keep me updated. It's hard to beat the price of a coast ds.

Quick Reply: ds talk