Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dropping tcase down

Old 02-18-2012, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default dropping tcase down

Sooo somebody was telling me that I could shim up my tcase in order to fix the pinion angle for front drive shaft....is this true??
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by samhardy2008
Sooo somebody was telling me that I could shim up my tcase in order to fix the pinion angle for front drive shaft....is this true??
Incorrect on the jk. On TJ's this is done by installing shims to drop the tcase and mostly for the rear ds angle. The jk tcase is not setup the same way. You need adj control arms to adjust pinion angle for castor in front, correct pinion angle in rear.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at your profile, says you have the 4in superlift on a 4dr. Did you install the cambolts for the front? If so to get more castor adjustment you'll need to have your ca brackets fixed with a washer welded on and install front adj lower ca's. With the 4dr you really don't "need" to do anything with the rear until you change to an aftermarket driveshaft to correct pinion angle. I ran this kit for about a year.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was dealer installed :/....but no I know I need the adj control arms....the guy I wad talking bout was my fiances cousin and he used to have a yj back in the day and I told him the Jk is way different than previous models but alright thanks man appreciate it!

Quick Reply: dropping tcase down