Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dropped pitman arm?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dropped pitman arm?

I have a ftull traction ultimate 3" which actually netted closer to 4". Im thinking of installing a drop pitman arm to get rid of the small bit of bump steer and other problems like pulling to passenger side when braking hard. How many of you guys are running a dropped arm? And is my lift enough to warrent a drop arm? I have a rough country double stabilizer that I have not installed yet and im thinking of installing both at once.
thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

i installed a skyjacker 3.5in on mine. netted over 4in. i had the same problem with the bump steer. the stabilizer helped alot. the other thing is make sure you get the front end aligned. that will help some, too.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

The other thing is to check your front caster. If your caster is not properly set, it can cause issues with steering. Adding a steering stabilizer can tend to be a band-aid more than a cure. There are guys on here running 37" tires with the stock stabilizer and have no issues at all. Also, if oyu are running too much air pressure in your tires, that can also cause some bump steer issues. I would check your tires and definitely check your caster.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default caster

I checked the caster angles fron and back when after the lift and after i changed my rear driveshaft. if I remember correctly the front is somewhere around 8 degrees and the rear is areound 6 degrees. Does this sound correct?
Old 11-06-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

My FT Ultimate is sitting at 5.5" with the HD springs. Added the drop pitman arm and trackbar relocation bracket.

I don't think you can find the relocation bracket separately (I couldn't) because it's from the long arm kits, but David at Northridge hooked me up. You have to call him, it's not on the website.

Quick Reply: dropped pitman arm?