Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drop Trackbar Bracket required???

Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop Trackbar Bracket required???

Over time, I have pieced together a 4" Teraflex lift, with 3/4 and 1/2 inch spacers, ended up about 6 1/4" over stock. I am wondering what are the correct measures to take for steering and track bars.

I am going to get a adjustable track bar for the front and back(probably JKS), I have the Teraflex trackbar relocation for the rear(axle side), do I need a relocation bracket for the front, if so who makes a good one? Also, if I add a relocation bracket up front, do I need to add a drop pitman are to match to keep the steering correct.

Looking at the Teraflex 6" lift, the adjustable trackbar seems to be the only thing that is included for the front, will this work?

Suggestions??
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand how we (the collective) end up with Frankenlifts, but you are facing one of the very challenges of this strategy: No one, not even the manufacturer's can tell you with certainty what will work because you have created a one-of system.

Things to consider in making your choices:

Any type of a relocation bracket is specifically designed for a specific amount of lift (within a relatively small range) because each one is designed to correct geometry which by definition changes with the amount of lift.

The TF 6" kit may produce more or less lift than what you have.

Many of the adjustable track bars are designed to work for a specific amount of lift. If you use them beyond that range or with brackets you have interference problems. Mixing and matching brackets with track bars may also lead to interference problems.

BTW, stacking spacers on a tall (not moderate) lift is really not advisable.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Just some history. I started with a complete 3" teraflex lift, then added the 3/4 spacers to add height. (The 3" tera lift came with a 1/2 spacer that I left in when I added the 3/4.

I bought some used 4" teraflex coils and swapped them for my three inch coils.

The rear trackbar bracket I have is good for 3" or 4" tera coils. I guess what I was asking is do I have to add the drop brackets, and or drop pitman arm, for tire wear or any other long term problems. The vehicle is driving great. It does not pull either way and does not seem to have any other problems on/off road. Caster and Camber were checked and are good. The only issue I have is that My axle is not centered, which the adjustable trackbar will correct.

I just don't want to get a year down the road and find out I put excessive wear on something that I could have corrected from the beginning.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're raising the trackbar, I think you'd be better off flipping the draglink.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

I just foung the drag link flip kit from Teraflex, Looks like the way to go. Anybody have a opinion?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Junkie

Default Drag link flip kit from Teraflex

Here's an interesting thread ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/bump-steer-gone-what-i-did-109138/

Originally Posted by ckivy
I just foung the drag link flip kit from Teraflex, Looks like the way to go. Anybody have a opinion?

Quick Reply: Drop Trackbar Bracket required???