Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is a drop pitman needed with a Currie Currectlync Steering?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:52 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I prefer the synergy track bar bracket but others make nice ones as well. Just to note that you do not want to run a drag link flip unless you are running 3.5"+ of actual lift.
When you raise the axle side track bar and flip the drag link it will come into conflict with the frame and limit your up travel, hence the added bump stop.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2 ^
DPA puts more stress on the sector shaft/steering box and will do nothing for roll center.

Synergy for the win Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372907039.174896.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	474538
Old 07-04-2013, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You have the old style boots, they have an update that is a kinda machined washer with a piece of foam stuck to it to hold in the grease. It lasted about 8 days before it was toast.
They made 2 updates. I put on the 2nd generation and they are polyurethane instead if the cheap rubber from the 1st. I gt the 3rd but one look and decided not to install. Mine leak a little but no bad problem since. The Currie tie rod has been my biggest regret to date. Should have gotten a synergy.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rdubb1031
So they sent me an email asking about my setup and said that they felt it was my lift and the fact that I didn't' have a drop pitman arm. Is this accurate? A lot of what I've researched has said this is not needed. Anyone have any thoughts on this? They are saying also, that with my caster I may be pinching the boot.. once again, seems like a load of crap. In their defense though, the drag link sure does lean forward quite a bit.. thoughts anyone?? I'm really getting sick of not getting this dialed in.
A quick search here would have alerted you to the fact that there are many of us who are experiencing the exact poor quality issues that you've observed. What is really interesting is that given all the "documentation" of these issues on this site and others, Currie still has the cojones to imply that something is wrong with your setup.

Were you talking with some guy named, David (Dave)?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi

A quick search here would have alerted you to the fact that there are many of us who are experiencing the exact poor quality issues that you've observed. What is really interesting is that given all the "documentation" of these issues on this site and others, Currie still has the cojones to imply that something is wrong with your setup.

Were you talking with some guy named, David (Dave)?
Did a search and at the time of purchase this was fairly new so not a lot to go on.
It was Chris I was talking with and I'm going to pass along the forum for them to look at, see if it changes anything.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rdubb1031
Did a search and at the time of purchase this was fairly new so not a lot to go on.
It was Chris I was talking with and I'm going to pass along the forum for them to look at, see if it changes anything.
What's the verdict?
Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I told them I was over the repairs and they offered to take it back and refund me. Since I purchased through N4x4, I called them. After talking with them they convinced me to give it one more try and since they are opening a shop in Colorado I said ok. Going to take it in and see what they say in a few weeks.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Wondering if you guys can help me out... I need pictures of your drag link and tie rod ends. It appears my drag link is rotated too far forward, but I need some comparisons. Can anyone take a quick pictures of your ends and post for me?
Thanks,
Old 07-18-2013, 01:52 AM
JK Junkie

The tre's are supposed to rotate. Grab a pair of channel locks. Grab on to the too and bottom of the joint and squeeze. Look for up and down play.

Quick Reply: Is a drop pitman needed with a Currie Currectlync Steering?