Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driving w/out shocks, sway bar and a few other choice suspension parts

Old 06-22-2014, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
if you are just driving slow 4 houses away in a sub division then I would just loosen every thing up. loosen the upper and lower control arms up the track bar up so they come off easy when you get in the garage. my guess is you will be able to drive 5mph that far. remove the front and rear sway bar links as those have no effect at slow speeds.
That's what I'm thinking, just get it loose and I'll be starting early on the 4th so I should be able to get it done in a decent amount of time. My kit only has the top front control arms so it's not super intensive, I'm just a noob to jeeps/lift kits, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2014, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was in the same boat I would do as jadmt recommends. With everything loose it should speed up the removal.

Quick Reply: Driving w/out shocks, sway bar and a few other choice suspension parts