Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

driveshafts or regear? hmm

Old 11-23-2011, 02:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpkjk
One of the reasons I was pushing for a regear first rather than ds is I dont no how much xtra wear an tear I'm putting on auto from trans always searching for the rite gear an not finding it so I think the regear is my way to go for less stress on other parts of jp
If I had to choose between the two because of funds I would definitely do the gears. Although it is the more expensive of the two. I am currently driving around with overdrive off to prevent the same thing mentioned in your statement above. I will have enough money to do the gear change in a couple weeks but in the mean time I keep overdrive off or it would drive me crazy with the JK shifting down constantly on the highway. I have already purchased the Yukon 5.13 master rebuild kits and ring and pinion. Just saving for install fees.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarge where did u get gears an did u get a good price? I hav been looking at superior gears also did u get the overhaul kit or master rebuild kit and did anyone suggest one or the other?

Quick Reply: driveshafts or regear? hmm