Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

driveshafts

Old 07-27-2013, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a lot lift. Most only need 4" and flat fenders or trimmed stock ones. I am running aev 3.5" and some 1/2" spacers for my 37 toyos. Just saying. Good luck with the build.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditch the 1.75" spacers and get some adjustable control arms.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the coast drive shaft up front. It seems to be working out just fine.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so yesterday I was able to drive it and after about 5 minutes it started making the noise again....only when I first start taking off from a stop. Checked the front driveshaft and theres a small amount of grease around the ujoint but not much at all. I drove it to work this morning and didnt get any sounds at all. If it were the shaft going bad wouldnt I be hearing it constantly even at regular speeds? Just not sure if it only happening from a stop and now disapearing that it would be a bad shaft...any thoughts?

Quick Reply: driveshafts