Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driveshaft's ????

Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft's ????

Alright so I have heard mixed reviews from Everybody on having to replace drive shafts on the 2 door wrangler JK after installing 2.5" teraflex lift kit??

Answer these questions when you reply so I can have an idea if i am going to need to upgrade my Driveshafts right away:

Year of Wrangler:
Model of Wrangler:
Year of Wrangler:
Size of Tire:
How many Miles you got out of your stock driveshaft:
How hard to you wheel:
is your jeep your daily driver:
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2dr drive shafts.

Originally Posted by 2010jeeper
Alright so I have heard mixed reviews from Everybody on having to replace drive shafts on the 2 door wrangler JK after installing 2.5" teraflex lift kit??

Answer these questions when you reply so I can have an idea if i am going to need to upgrade my Driveshafts right away:

Year of Wrangler:
Model of Wrangler:
Year of Wrangler:
Size of Tire:
How many Miles you got out of your stock driveshaft:
How hard to you wheel:
is your jeep your daily driver:

2008 2dr Auto rubicon, 32 stock tires.
2.5 OME lift HD springs, Long travel shocks.

Front drive shaft less than 3 miles, first full flex ripped boot on the front.

Rear was just replaced Which I did not have an issue (YET) did not want to run into issues on the trail.

This is not my daily driver moderate wheeling, only has 6400 miles mostly through the woods.

You might be OK, depends. Lift your jeep keep a close eye on them, plan for the worst that you might have to replace them.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 08 auto 2dr rubi, off-road quite a lot, installed a 2.5 teraflex BB within the first month or so, wheeled it on stock 32in tires first summer, then installed 35in early last spring and wheeled it a lot last summer until late fall, and started wheeling it again a few weeks ago now that most of the snow has melted. I have 35000 kilometers on it now and no issues at all. I wheel with a few other jk's with the same set-up, and they have no issues either.I plan on changing mine out this summer hopefully to put in more lift.

and yes it is my daily driver!

oh and I flex quite a bit, I often hear the tires rub in the fenders slightly!

Last edited by BANZAI_II; 03-24-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Thanks Everybody!!!

Hey!

wow all this information helped me alot especially JGKjeep yours made me make up my mind...

I was skeptical of even putting on the lift becuase of the issues with the driveshafts but I guess its a Jeep thing things are gonna break!

Lift should be here tomorrow!!! the only bad thing is i have to get tires and rims first so the box will be sitting in my basement till i get the money for tires and wheels dammit!!!

Quick Reply: Driveshaft's ????