Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driveshaft upgrades?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft upgrades?

Have a 2012 2 dr jk and was told if I run 37s on a 3 inch lift or anything bigger than a 3 inch lift I would need longer driveshafts...any suggestions or if I would need to
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

There are several threads on this. They are many manufacturers out there, J.E. Reel, Coast, Tom Woods, just make sure you are getting high quality spicer u-joints and not chinese made imitations. Alot of threads about how good they hold up as well...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Redneckguy69
Have a 2012 2 dr jk and was told if I run 37s on a 3 inch lift or anything bigger than a 3 inch lift I would need longer driveshafts...any suggestions or if I would need to
You will need to upgrade the front driveshaft. Eventually you will need to upgrade the rear on the two door. i would suggest doing it sooner than later if you plan on wheeling it. JE Reel makes good shafts and uses good joints.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft upgrades?