Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

driveshaft question

Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driveshaft question

I got the light load OME front and Med rear for my 2dr JK.....as of right now it has yielded close to 2.5 up front and 3 inches in the rear.

Do you guys think it will require new driveshafts as well?

I go wheeling about once a month, nothing hardcore but just like to have fun.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

My guess is you probably will at some point. I have a little higher lift, which puts me at a bit more of a disadvantage, but with mine being a DD and not getting to do as much 'wheeling as I'd like, I got 11k before the rear bearings finally gave up on me.

Having said that, it's not something I would worry about right now until it happens. Just keep an eye on the boots, making sure they're not torn. And if the bearings are about to go (or are in the process) you'll hear 'em. That's been my experience...
Old 06-10-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by RebelJeeper
My guess is you probably will at some point. I have a little higher lift, which puts me at a bit more of a disadvantage, but with mine being a DD and not getting to do as much 'wheeling as I'd like, I got 11k before the rear bearings finally gave up on me.

Having said that, it's not something I would worry about right now until it happens. Just keep an eye on the boots, making sure they're not torn. And if the bearings are about to go (or are in the process) you'll hear 'em. That's been my experience...
good post. You'll hear and feel them...

Just keep and eye on your driveshaft boot

Quick Reply: driveshaft question