Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driveshaft and Pinion Flange Nut question

Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft and Pinion Flange Nut question

I am going to be installing front and rear 1310 reel cv's this weekend. I think i need to order new pinion flange nuts as the originals are not intended for re-use. I am planning to order part number 5143738AA from jeep. (same part number, but one for the front and one for the back)

So......when i called jeep today, they told me the part number had been changed to 5143738AB. Can anyone verify this??

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

don't know about the change but it is possible. i have ordered parts with number that have been changed and they were what i needed. also, while not intended for reuse, you can reuse the factory nuts so long as you use a good amount of red lock tite.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
don't know about the change but it is possible. i have ordered parts with number that have been changed and they were what i needed. also, while not intended for reuse, you can reuse the factory nuts so long as you use a good amount of red lock tite.
hmmm...the lock tite would save me a trip to the dealer. would use of the lock tite pose an issue if i needed to remove the nut later on?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ucfavenger
hmmm...the lock tite would save me a trip to the dealer. would use of the lock tite pose an issue if i needed to remove the nut later on?
not if you have an impact wrench. if you can get a new nut, i probably would but i have also reused my factory nut in this manner without any problems.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

im just going to pick up the factory nuts tomorrow. hope it is the right part #!!

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft and Pinion Flange Nut question