Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driveshaft which one ????

Old 10-12-2011, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft which one ????

Looking to upgrade my rear drive shaft cant decide on which one to get..... i have a 2.5" coil and shocks lift runnign 35's can anyone help

thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Anyone running the TF CV driveshafts? What are your thaughts on them and any problems?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used the Terraflex shafts, IMHO pieces of shit. Was super unsatisfied with them broke the rear double cardigan section three days after their warranty expired and they would not help. took to a local driveline shop, they explained to me and showed me how they were built wrong. I sent pictures to TF. Then all of a sudden they wanted to help, for me to ship them back me and they would replace them.
Sure after I shelled out more cash to get them fixed. because I was first told they couldn't do anything for me. Hell I had them fixed already. two weeks had already gone by, and this was a daily driver

Sorry... this was just my experience.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Junkie

Just curious why do you need to upgrade it? Was it damaged? Otherwise there's no real need to upgrading it with that lift set up.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fadeout
Just curious why do you need to upgrade it? Was it damaged? Otherwise there's no real need to upgrading it with that lift set up.
Well i'm going out this weekend an i fear that something is going to happen at full flex an just wanted opions in what drive shfats are out there if i need to replace mine
Old 10-12-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coast 1310 is popular. F.dshaft is most likely to be the first one to worry about.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

I'd say you're fine with stock shafts at 2.5". I ran my 2 dr with more lift than that for quite a while and wheeled it pretty hard with no problem. Just keep an eye on the rubber boots for grease leakage.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

You'll be fine with the stock shafts. If anything, and usually even if you go aftermarket, you may very well still make contact with the transmission skit plate. There are two solutions to this: 1), cut out a notch in your skid plate where the driveshaft would make contact. Or 2) If you don't have the tools to cut out a notch, you can drop the skid plate by simply adding washers between the skid plate and the JK's chassis. Keep adding washers until you have just enough room for safe clearance. Usually 4-6 washers will do it.

PS. I'm a 2dr auto running stock shafts in both the front and rear on 3.5" of lift. In regards to the front, I just got my buddy to cut out a notch in the skid plate.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the info guys I'll keep that in mind... I'll put that money else where till I end up messing up a shaft.... Any opions on winches with a synthic rope?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mook8651
Thanks for the info guys I'll keep that in mind... I'll put that money else where till I end up messing up a shaft.... Any opions on winches with a synthic rope?
I don't have a winch either. I either do trails I know I can do safely on my own, or I have buddies who have winches and straps and go with me. But, if you want one then my first take is do not let a brand name get in the way of your purchase. Just saying, even Warn winches fail like the others; and I know plenty of Jeepers who are using their Smittybilt XRC winches despite the mockery. With that said, I say find a winch that can easily tow your rig like a good 8000lb and is within your price range.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft which one ????