Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driveshaft needed with 35's?

Old 08-24-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanNEBTD
BB's just dont seem right to me . . . i feel like ill loose too much ride quality . . . Im thinking 2.5 coil lift w/33's . . maybe 305's to call it a happy medium. . .
How can you lose ride quality? You are using the same springs? Only way you would lose ride quality is if you buy a kit with shocks and they suck. If you use a BB with shock extensions then you will have the same exact shocks and springs as you do now. So ride should not change. If you just want to run 33s, I would look at the teraflex leveling kit. It will lift you 2" front and 1" rear. The ride wont change and you wont need anything but the $130 kit.

If you plan to add a winch later You might want to consider going with a teraflex 2.5" coil lift (3" front and 2" rear) or the OME standard kit. It gives about 2". Both kits ride great.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I originally ran an REbb (2.5 in frt, 1 3/4 rear) no ride change over stock, in fact a little better w/ shocks that came with it. Got 35's on it, only rubbed off road when disco'd, added a 1in body lift and cured that, apic back then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	167_6720.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	29126
Old 08-24-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
How can you lose ride quality? You are using the same springs? Only way you would lose ride quality is if you buy a kit with shocks and they suck. If you use a BB with shock extensions then you will have the same exact shocks and springs as you do now. So ride should not change. If you just want to run 33s, I would look at the teraflex leveling kit. It will lift you 2" front and 1" rear. The ride wont change and you wont need anything but the $130 kit.

If you plan to add a winch later You might want to consider going with a teraflex 2.5" coil lift (3" front and 2" rear) or the OME standard kit. It gives about 2". Both kits ride great.
I dunno, I guess it's just a mental block :p . . . It makes sense I just feel I should get a decent coil kit If I can.

and Thank you guys very much, i have learned a lot in this thread yet alone all of the others on this forum. I hope to be as much of a help to others when I learn my Sh*t lol.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adding a link to my thread on 3" lifts. There are a few posts discussing the need for drive shafts as well.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/3-lift-recommendation-requested-98897/

Quick Reply: Driveshaft needed with 35's?