Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driveshaft installation question

Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft installation question

In the process of installing Reel 1350's front and rear. I picked up a pair of early production shafts that re-flange at the t-case and bolt stock at the diff's. I noticed that the the front flange for the t-case does not have the little dust/water shield that is on the stock flange. The shield is on the new rear flange. Am I missing a part or is this the way these flanges were produced? I did remember to swap the O-ring, that should save some oil and keep me from smoking the t-case, but I'm hesitant to continue until I get more info on the front dust/water shield, seems like it is there for a reason. Thanks for any help!

Rocrat
Old 04-12-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

I know tom woods doesnt use dust shields at the t-case, Im pretty sure REEL doesnt use them either. Tom actually explained to me that the new flanges have a built in dust guard and they didnt like the stock one.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Default Maybe I'm a nut job?

Thanks Warlord for the reply. I posted the same question on four other forums and you are the only one that has had a hint of info. thus far. I will give it a little more time. Maybe the shield is not a big issue and I should finish bolting the thing in today. Still perplexed why the new rear flange clearly has the shield and the front doesn't. Although the rear looks like it could be a modified stock part and the front is clearly a new manufacture. Thanks again.

Rocrat

Quick Reply: Driveshaft installation question