Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Driveshaft

Old 08-17-2008, 08:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Driveshaft

After installing my 4" lift on my 2dr. Rubi, I am thinking about going ahead and replacing my rear shaft now. I haven't had any problems yet, but would like to save the stock one from any more wear and tear before it goes bad. Question is which should I go with? Tom Woods, JE Reel, Teraflex or some other brand?
I'm leaning toward the 1310 heavy duty since I read on Woods website about the differences between the 10's and 50's.
Looking for installation issues, reliability, quality, etc.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Rubicon Express front and rear driveshafts (which are made by JE Reel) and have no complaints at all thus far. I've heard good things about the Tom Woods driveshafts, but i never checked them out since my lift kit was supplied with the driveshafts.

Chuck
Old 08-17-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bodo
After installing my 4" lift on my 2dr. Rubi, I am thinking about going ahead and replacing my rear shaft now. I haven't had any problems yet, but would like to save the stock one from any more wear and tear before it goes bad. Question is which should I go with? Tom Woods, JE Reel, Teraflex or some other brand?
I'm leaning toward the 1310 heavy duty since I read on Woods website about the differences between the 10's and 50's.
Looking for installation issues, reliability, quality, etc.
I would highly recommend seeing if there is a local drive line shop. It will likely be cheaper, higher quality, and easier to deal with should any issues arise (first hand experience).
Old 08-17-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by greggradwohl
I would highly recommend seeing if there is a local drive line shop. It will likely be cheaper, higher quality, and easier to deal with should any issues arise (first hand experience).
I have. They are more expensive than I can order from a shop online. Quality wise, I don't know that they would be any better than anyone else. Especially the shops that have been doing 4x4's for years.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

I have the Rubicon Express front and rear driveshafts (which are made by JE Reel)
I was unaware that JE made the RE shafts. Might be something to check into as far as price differences. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

How about vibes when changing out to the double cardin shafts? There's another thread about this and I'm concerned.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Default Vibes.

Originally Posted by Bodo
How about vibes when changing out to the double cardin shafts? There's another thread about this and I'm concerned.
You should be concerned with vibes. That's why some of us recommend using a local shop. Then you can have them check it out and they will try and fix it! Nobody want's to invest $450 a driveshaft and have it shake!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have Rubicon Express(JE Reel) rear,and Tom Woods front,very happy with both,no vibration complaints.if just lifted 4"may want to do front as well as stock front was ok untill I went with longer travel shocks

then this happened to my front,I call it "the high angle mod"
Old 08-17-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

hey you get that from mine
Old 08-17-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I am getting new drive shafts in now! The Teraflex 4" that I'm running makes the drivesahft hit the muffler so.....I have heard great things about J.E. Reel adn Tom WOods! Both are high quality or so I have heard!

Quick Reply: Which Driveshaft