Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driver side wheel hop

Old 10-16-2024 | 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Driver side wheel hop

Replaced both front inner Dana 30 axle seals on a 2008 jeep wrangler unlimited Sahara. 4 inches of lift with 35s, 100k miles.

Had to remove carrier/shims to get to seals. Believed that I installed all items correctly, and tighten all carrier strap bolts to spec. Carrier straps are on properly.

After doing this, the front drivers side (short side) is experiencing wheel hop.

Balanced all tires, rotated tires, tighted all front suspension bolts. Also made sure ball joints were not out of spec. Pulled shaft and reinstalled all bolts on the driver side. Bilstein shocks are still relatively new, replaced a year ago, not seeing any leaking. Recently replaced the wheel bearing as well. Still having the issue, any thoughts on what might be going on?
Old 10-18-2024 | 10:11 AM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

I would start by jacking the wheel off of the ground and spinning it to ensure it’s centered, by putting something against the tread side and turning it, see if the clearance remains the same.
I’m not saying this it it, but it could be and it’s too easy to eliminate as a possible cause.
I assume this wheel hop is at speed sort of like an out of balance wheel with a blown shock exhibits, not a hop from spinning the tire on a slick surface?