Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driver side cats red hot

Old 02-07-2016, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side cats red hot

Is it normal for the cats on the left to get pretty dang red during driving? I also have a super charger. Only the driver side gets pretty red hot the passenger side doesn't. Do I have a clogged cat?
Old 02-08-2016, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good chance it might be a bad spark plug that's sending fuel into the cats.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be clogged if its just the one side. Hit it with a hammer or wrench and listen for rattling.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bryanluu
Good chance it might be a bad spark plug that's sending fuel into the cats.
Yep what he said! Although I'm sure you would feel a misfire in the engine, if it was a bad plug. Then if the cat is plugged, it normally won't glow, it will just make all kinds of runnability (new word) issues.... So, to reflect on this, Timing, Plug, Fuel Injector could be the issue. 9 time out of ten its not the Cat.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Morghill
Yep what he said! Although I'm sure you would feel a misfire in the engine, if it was a bad plug. Then if the cat is plugged, it normally won't glow, it will just make all kinds of runnability (new word) issues.... So, to reflect on this, Timing, Plug, Fuel Injector could be the issue. 9 time out of ten its not the Cat.
alright thanks bro, I know the plugs are bad so I guess all start there. Because when I step on it sometimes acts up a little I always thought it was the SC all change the plugs and wires sinc so got new ones and see what happens

Quick Reply: Driver side cats red hot