Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

driveline vibration solution

Old 09-09-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stumped

Originally Posted by wayoflife
no, you shouldn't. are you sure that it's still leaking even after replacing the seal? could it just be residual gear oil that you are seeing. the only thing that would make the leak occur that i can think of is drive line vibrations and if you haven't addressed your control arms up front, it shouldn't be vibrating.
i cleaned the diff and you can see by link below it's still leaking - my kit only had springs, brackets, shocks, and end links - believe everything else is stock.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/albu...pictureid=1674

glad to hear i don't need upper control arms in the front too!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
where did you order your Full Traction adj rear uppers?
As WOL said, you can give David @ Northridge a call - he's a really good guy (actually who I ordered my driveshaft from) and is very active on the forum. But, I actually picked up my FT arms locally (Screamin' Lizard) as I drive by them everyday going to work. In agreement with what WOL said, I had problems w/ my JE Reels simply 'cause I didn't know I would need to adjust for them, so it's not fair to try to make this particular company look bad because of my (and others) lack of insight (i.e. ignorance). I've had 0 (zero) problems with driveline vibrations since installing the adj upper arms. Also - I don't know this for a fact - but I don't think this is simply limited to the 'Reels...I think any double cardin shaft will require control arm adjustment.

Last edited by RebelJeeper; 09-09-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: driveline vibration solution