Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

driveline vibration solution

Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is probably a dumb question - but does anyone sell just the adjustable rear upper control arms? i over spent my budget about about $4K ago!
Most lift companies sell the control arms as a set of 2. You just choose the ones you want (front lower, rear lower, front upper, rear upper), and then order them. They are different prices, depending on manufacturer, which set you need, flex ends or standard ends, etc. I am getting ready to buy some to add to my lift, and from what I have seen, they range in price from about $220-$350 a set, depending on the requirements I listed above.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
this is probably a dumb question - but does anyone sell just the adjustable rear upper control arms? i over spent my budget about about $4K ago!
There are no dumb questions on this forum...I've asked them all already I had the same problem after installing my rear JEReel...as you can see in my sig, I have the s/j lift w/ no adjustable anything either. I ended up getting some Full Traction adj rear uppers and eliminated the vibes. But there are lots of companies that make quality adj arms & trackbars. I just like the looks of the FT variants. Hope this helps!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great mini-writeup Eddie. Sometimes the eyeball is the best way to go. greggradwohl sorry to go there, but are you now wondering if those Reel's were okay and really didn't need to be replaced?
Old 09-09-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Is there anyone who hasn't had trouble with JE Reel shafts?!?!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:28 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks WOL - there lies the problem - i went with a kit with no adjustable 'nuthin, so no adjustable end links or control arms.

as has already been mentioned, there really are no dumb questions and yes, you can just buy a set up adjustable rear uppers and for relatively cheap. they are absolutely REQUIRED to have with a new u-joint style double cardin drive shaft.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:29 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by BradOB
Is there anyone who hasn't had trouble with JE Reel shafts?!?!
unfortunately, most of the people i have been seeing with problems were also people who didn't know they needed to install adjustable rear upper control arms so i don't think that's a fair statement to make.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RebelJeeper
There are no dumb questions on this forum...I've asked them all already I had the same problem after installing my rear JEReel...as you can see in my sig, I have the s/j lift w/ no adjustable anything either. I ended up getting some Full Traction adj rear uppers and eliminated the vibes. But there are lots of companies that make quality adj arms & trackbars. I just like the looks of the FT variants. Hope this helps!

where did you order your Full Traction adj rear uppers?

and thanks everyone for their help - without this site i would be driving my jeep into a lake!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

where did you order your Full Traction adj rear uppers?
give david at northridge4x4 a call as he typically stocks these
Old 09-09-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Default ordered rear CA from northridge

Originally Posted by wayoflife
give david at northridge4x4 a call as he typically stocks these
thanks WOL

any chance i need the front too? and that the wrong pinion angle is causing my front pinion seal to leak?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
JK-Forum Founder

thanks WOL

any chance i need the front too? and that the wrong pinion angle is causing my front pinion seal to leak?
no, you shouldn't. are you sure that it's still leaking even after replacing the seal? could it just be residual gear oil that you are seeing. the only thing that would make the leak occur that i can think of is drive line vibrations and if you haven't addressed your control arms up front, it shouldn't be vibrating.

Quick Reply: driveline vibration solution