Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driveline angle / adjustable control arm question...

Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveline angle / adjustable control arm question...

I installed my new Tatton rear driveshaft today. The driveline is at a pretty bad angle and it really starts vibrating around 25 mph. Do I need rear uppers or rear lowers to line it back up? What brand is best? What kind of prices have you guys paid? Please help!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bone
I installed my new Tatton rear driveshaft today. The driveline is at a pretty bad angle and it really starts vibrating around 25 mph. Do I need rear uppers or rear lowers to line it back up? What brand is best? What kind of prices have you guys paid? Please help!
you'll probley need both with that much lift.,..

I can say FT makes a beefy control arm.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by taters_jk
One more thing off topic. I was looking at the tatton driveshafts, how do you like yours?
Hard to say at this point. It's been in the Jeep for about 6 hours! It's a big beefy shaft and seems to be really well built. I got mine with everything included (shaft, yokes, bolts) shipped to my house for $425.

Any opinion on the Skyjacker control arms?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Alot of people who have the Skyjacker control arms talk about failing bushings and stuff like that. The Currie arms seem to be preferred on here, but Rusty's Off road seems to make some good ones. I will be ordering front lowers and rear uppers from rusty's. They're pretty beefy, have forged flexends (which makes me think they are stronger) and together will only cost $430. Win, win IMO

Quick Reply: Driveline angle / adjustable control arm question...