Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drive shaft thowing grease. Help!!

Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will an aftermarket driveshaft hit the tranny also? Why or why not?

How much caster will the aftermarket driveline take as compared to the stock driveline?

Last edited by kntr; 01-01-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:59 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kntr
Will an aftermarket driveshaft hit the tranny also? Why or why not?

How much caster will the aftermarket driveline take as compared to the stock driveline?
no, it will not hit the tranny as the diameter of the aftermarket shaft is narrower.

regarding how much caster an aftermarket shaft will take, it's hard to say for sure. depending on how much lift you have, what gears you are running and how well the shaft is balanced, it should be able to take at least 5-6° of caster. more lift will create steeper operating angles and a higher ratio gears will spin a lot faster and this will amplify inperfections in the form of vibes.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thissideup
Closer look...the grease is making it out at the boot because the clamp isn't keeping a good seal. More than likely because of the angle And yes...stock shafts. Anyone have a brand they like and didn't break the bank??
I have the same problems with mine. I have a 2 door with 4.5" of lift and 35's. I haven't ordered mine yet, but I spoke to the guys at Tatton in Utah. They were easy to deal with. I'm only having issues with my rear shaft right now. He said he will send me a new shaft and all hardware for $425 including shipping. That will accomodate up to a 6" lift. He said this will be all I will need. I hope that's right!

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-02-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: please refrain from posting contact info to non-sponsors

Quick Reply: Drive shaft thowing grease. Help!!