Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

drive shaft rubs on the oil/trans skid

Old 08-11-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive shaft rubs on the oil/trans skid

I installed a rugged ridge oil/trans skid and after 3 days of wheeling my front drive shaft started rubbing on the bracket that goes from the engine mount to the skid. It happens when at full compress of the front. going in a hole or going over a speed hump where the front dips down. It is a 2010 rubi 2dr and has a 2.5 BB, procomp shocks and new sway bar links. Any ideas, everything is tight and looks lined up. Have not had the aliment done yet to check it by something other then the human eye for being lined up. We have 5,000 miles on it.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you post some pics?

Is it anything that can be remedied with a grinder?...
Old 08-12-2012, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

dont want to grind it and it be caused by something else that i am missing if all other options dont work i will look into grinding.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is it close enough to full stuff that extending the bump stops by an inch or so would cure it?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by plntman
dont want to grind it and it be caused by something else that i am missing if all other options dont work i will look into grinding.
Without grinding, your best bet is a new front drive like previously stated. If you ever plan on getting more flex out if your front end you will need one anyway.

Grinding is way cheaper than a new drive line. You can grind a little and check it then grind some more if needed. Use a soft disc/flapper wheel and the grinded area will look smooth and pretty.

Quick Reply: drive shaft rubs on the oil/trans skid