Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drive shaft problems on 2.5" lift.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I'm wondering. Seems alot of people say you will have a problem but most never do, or its 10,000 miles down the trail.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im runnin a 3" tf coil lift with 1.25 body lift on 35/12.50/18's... And no problems yet...
Old 11-08-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

2 door auto. Teraflex 2.5 coil lift. (4 door version) My front driveshaft boot got tore up bad after one fairly hard wheeling trip. The rear looks OK, but the angles are pretty steep on both. Looking at new front and rear soon. Along with rear uppers (already have front lowers, and front and rear adj trackbars not they have anything to do with this conversation )
Side note: anyone have experience with the driveshafts that reuse the factory flanges?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dglenn
What type of control arms did you get.
I have Teraflex.

FYI: Don't follow the Tom Woods info. it is not for stock shafts! Minimize the angle on each joint, but on the back when you start raising the pinion you are pushing the springs toward the track bar. On the front end you set the castor and ignore the angles, hoping your stock shaft will endure the angle for a while.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jawhn7
Im runnin a 3" tf coil lift with 1.25 body lift on 35/12.50/18's... And no problems yet...
Do you wheel it ? And flex it out ?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bbrown626

I have Teraflex.

FYI: Don't follow the Tom Woods info. it is not for stock shafts! Minimize the angle on each joint, but on the back when you start raising the pinion you are pushing the springs toward the track bar. On the front end you set the castor and ignore the angles, hoping your stock shaft will endure the angle for a while.
Thanks for the info. What do you do to keep the rear coils from hitting you track bar. For now I guess drive it and see what happens. I do medium wheeling. Rocks and trails.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dglenn
Thanks for the info. What do you do to keep the rear coils from hitting you track bar. For now I guess drive it and see what happens. I do medium wheeling. Rocks and trails.
You can either get correction wedges (RC and a few other companys make them for cheap $20-$30ish) or adjustable spring perchs ( like JKS around $125).

Quick Reply: Drive shaft problems on 2.5" lift.