Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drive shaft hitting gas tank

Old 08-04-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive shaft hitting gas tank

I have a rock krawler 3.5 with a je reel 1350 drive shaft and just got under the jeep after doing the rubicon and at the u joint it was hitting the tank skid enough to dig into it about .25 inches. With my stock flange it hit just a little but it is bigger. When it is just sitting on level ground it looks like I have plenty of room. And also I have the 3 link in the back. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:01 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

double check to make sure that your axle is centered? more than likely, you're off a bit and when flexing on the trail, your drive shaft swings over and hits your tank. i've seen this happen a lot.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

...this does not sound good
Old 08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
double check to make sure that your axle is centered? more than likely, you're off a bit and when flexing on the trail, your drive shaft swings over and hits your tank. i've seen this happen a lot.
Thanks a lot. I will check tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Just checked my rear axle and it was off about a .25 inches toward the gas tank. I moved the track bar two turns out and it looks like it is 1/8 of an inch the other way. It seems to drive all right. I thought it would be better to cheat it to the left a little sense I had that problem. Do you think this make sense and was that enough off to cause me to hit gas tank.

Quick Reply: Drive shaft hitting gas tank