Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

drive schaft tom woods

Old 07-10-2014, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive schaft tom woods

hello;

i have a question, i have now a D30 axle at the front of my JK unlimited but this weekend the rubber of my front drive shaft was dammaged now i want to put a tom Woods drifeshaft on it but my question is : is the drive shaft from tom Woods the same on a D30 and a prorock 44 front axle? because in the future i will replace the D30 with a pro rock 44 and i don't want to spent the money twice
Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by filmen
hello;

i have a question, i have now a D30 axle at the front of my JK unlimited but this weekend the rubber of my front drive shaft was dammaged now i want to put a tom Woods drifeshaft on it but my question is : is the drive shaft from tom Woods the same on a D30 and a prorock 44 front axle? because in the future i will replace the D30 with a pro rock 44 and i don't want to spent the money twice
The D44 is larger so it will be longer. I would find a used d s until I got the Jeep where I wanted it then measure center to center between the u joints with the weight of the vehicle on the tires and get the correct length for the new d s. Too expensive to do twice.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My drive shaft had to be shortened by about 3 inches when switching from a d30 to prorock 44.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:15 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I was running a Woods front with my d30. No changes when swapping in the pr44.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Adams, but there is usually flexibility on length if you tell them your plans. My shaft has 7" of travel (not all of it is used). You could likely get a length that will work for both. Also depends on your suspension and travel, CA length, etc.

The boot can be repaired. Or, I know there is a crap ton of used front shafts laying around that people would sell. I have one off my 2013 JK that is almost brand new that I would sell!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

ok thanks for the comments

@Invest2m4 i am from Belgium and you didn't find it here used parts for a JK and shipping is verry expensive also the taxes. mine is from 2010 i think it's not the same and how can you repair it?

i have a 4 inch lift from old man emuClick image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	564552
Old 07-10-2014, 01:17 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

If you are talking about the boot that covers the splines ripping is not a big deal. You can simply spray some lube in it once in a while to keep it from seizing up.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If you are talking about the boot that covers the splines ripping is not a big deal. You can simply spray some lube in it once in a while to keep it from seizing up.
^^^this works too. The front shafts are all the same. I forget where, but you can get a replacement boot. It's a mopar replacement part. I am sure Quadratec carries it.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

ok thanks i gonna wait with the tom Woods till i buy the pro rock 44

Quick Reply: drive schaft tom woods