Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drift/pull to the left

Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JEEPJK
Im have the exact same problem. Exact same tires. Put on the TeraFlex BB and got the alignment done - I'm going to swap out tires this afternoon.
Let us know how it works out.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by KenB1010
I'm guessing that you already checked your toe-in and your track bar adjustments.
Rechecked toe in, measurement from centerline of tire, 66 in rear, 65 3/4 in front. It pulled with 0 toe in.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JEEPJK
Im have the exact same problem. Exact same tires. Put on the TeraFlex BB and got the alignment done - I'm going to swap out tires this afternoon.
I've had the same problem with the same tires. Drives straight and wheel is straight when holding the wheel, but when you let go, the Jeep drifts to the left. I went from the tereflex BB to OME LT kit, have had tires rotated, alignment done and still have the a slight pull to the left.
I just gave up on it and hold the steering wheel straight. Lol
Old 07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NCJeepster
I've had the same problem with the same tires. Drives straight and wheel is straight when holding the wheel, but when you let go, the Jeep drifts to the left. I went from the tereflex BB to OME LT kit, have had tires rotated, alignment done and still have the a slight pull to the left.
I just gave up on it and hold the steering wheel straight. Lol
You happen to have your alignment specs handy?
Old 07-05-2011, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your toe-in should be 1/8 to 1/4". Both axles should also be centered to the frame. When I have had slight pulling problems I was able to solve it by adjusting the track bar.

On my 3" lift I ran about +5.5 degrees caster. 4.2 is stock and you shouldn't run more than 6. A setting closer to stock will get you marginal drivability but good longevity. A higher setting will get you better drivability, but with the cost of shorter longevity.

Your steering wheel being off center will cause ESP problems. The ESP issues will be a bigger issue than a slight pull. You will need to adjust your steering wheel center after making adjustments to toe and when adjusting the track bar.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Last edited by KenB1010; 07-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryanc

You happen to have your alignment specs handy?
Actually I just ran across the sheet when I was doing my yearly cleaning out the glove box
Old 07-06-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Weird, I have heard that Toyos pulled the same way, even with perfect allignment....
Old 07-11-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Weird, I have heard that Toyos pulled the same way, even with perfect allignment....
My current PSI is 35, Im going to experiment with psi and see if anything changes. Anybody have a recommendation on psi for these tires. Ive heard of toyos and nittos pulling. I wonder if psi is the culprit.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Jedi

i run 27psi in my pro comp mt's in 35" flavor.. i would def lower your psi.

Quick Reply: Drift/pull to the left