Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dreaded Lightning Bolt

Old 07-11-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dreaded Lightning Bolt

I have a RIPP supercharger. It is the V2 version. How do i tell if it has been updated with the TRD fix? I get the bolt when passing cars, or other times when under hard acceleration at highway speeds. It sound like this scenario is not uncommon, but many have been able to find solutions. What changes did you make to your settings? ie, blow off valve threads, meth settings for start and full. Right now, my BOV is 4-5 threads showing. I love this system, but hate trying to pass on the interstate and entering limp mode in heavy traffic. Makes me scared to pass cars. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Have you tried contacting RIPP directly?
Old 07-11-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

I did not call them today since it is Saturday. I just want to tinker around this weekend if any suggestions are offered. I have tried some of their recommendations to no avail. I Bought an older rebuilt V2 kit. They say that it has the TRD update and I should not be having this issue. But I am.... I would like to know, for sure, if it has the TRD fix. I don't know why I keep getting this issue. When I talk to them, they say it is an odd problem. However, searching on the past threads, it sounds just like the issue people had before the "fix."
Old 07-11-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

MBRP. So, you still get the light every so often? You are right. It seems to happen more if i have been taking it easy driving to work for the week (all stop and go city driving), then driving on the weekend which includes more interstate.

Quick Reply: Dreaded Lightning Bolt