Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drake Off Road Billet Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap DOES FIT 2.8 CRD DIESEL

Old 01-21-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drake Off Road Billet Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap DOES FIT 2.8 CRD DIESEL

OK, my obstinacy got the better of me and I ordered the Drake Off Road Billet Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap for my 07 2dr 2.8 CRD, not actually knowing for sure if it would fit. It was a bit of a punt but one which paid off!!!

YES! This cap will fit the 2.8 CRD!! Soooo, off came the Rugged Ridge fuel cover that's been the bain of my life lately, a new fuel filler neck was fitted to replace the drilled one and the Drake cap now sits proudly in it's place. At $64 plus shipping it's not the cheapest cap in the world but IMO it's well worth the bucks. It's lovely quality and again, IMO, it looks far better than the fuel door ever did.

Hope this helps any diesel JKers who'd been contemplating this cap.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:38 PM
JK Freak

And yes, the RR fuel door would close just fine when this cap is mounted.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wrangler07

OK, my obstinacy got the better of me and I ordered the Drake Off Road Billet Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap for my 07 2dr 2.8 CRD, not actually knowing for sure if it would fit. It was a bit of a punt but one which paid off!!!

YES! This cap will fit the 2.8 CRD!! Soooo, off came the Rugged Ridge fuel cover that's been the bain of my life lately, a new fuel filler neck was fitted to replace the drilled one and the Drake cap now sits proudly in it's place. At $64 plus shipping it's not the cheapest cap in the world but IMO it's well worth the bucks. It's lovely quality and again, IMO, it looks far better than the fuel door ever did.

Hope this helps any diesel JKers who'd been contemplating this cap.
Why didn't you like the door?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jimmy-james
Why didn't you like the door?
Mainly because of the quality. The little magnets that keep it shut kept falling out and it just annoyed me greatly. The Drake cap just looks much cleaner, less blingy (I had the polished steel cover) and just seems to work better for me.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here I like the drake cap, is not common

Originally Posted by wrangler07
Mainly because of the quality. The little magnets that keep it shut kept falling out and it just annoyed me greatly. The Drake cap just looks much cleaner, less blingy (I had the polished steel cover) and just seems to work better for me.

Quick Reply: Drake Off Road Billet Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap DOES FIT 2.8 CRD DIESEL