Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drake hoodlatches...how the helll...

Old 11-21-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just pop the clips for your grill pull it out and get in there. It's tight but do able. The passenger side is tougher to get to than the drivers side. I did mine with standard wrenches.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

finally got them on, but I couldnt get the little silver spacer back on the bottom bracket, so I just installed it without it. Once you take apart the bottom bracket and insteall it to the fender, and then try and put the latch back together its impossible to get that little metal spacer back in and still fit the rest of the latch inbetween both sides of the bottom bracket.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those things were a major pita to install, but well worth the effort. I think I used a socket wrench with an adjustable head and went in from underneath

Quick Reply: Drake hoodlatches...how the helll...