Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Draglink replacement recommendation for JK with 2.5 inch coil lift

Old 09-01-2016, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
I know people are throwing a lot of options at you, and it has been said before on other threads, but I'm very happy with my setup from Fusion 4x4. No flop and very beefy.
This thing looks awesome but the price is the deal breaker, I like how it's no drilling
http://www.fusion4x4.com/#!product-p...0-e95f2e6cbd1b
Old 09-01-2016, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by matt852
This thing looks awesome but the price is the deal breaker, I like how it's no drilling http://www.fusion4x4.com/#!product-p...0-e95f2e6cbd1b
It is indeed awesome and he does offer a forum discount. Before you rule it out on price, I would suggest calling and asking for a quote. Never hurts to ask.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GunDude
I replaced my drag link with Synergy one, and had "flop" down in front, no matter how I messed with it. Learned this is due to the weight out front! So, I removed there clear boot cover and spring. I ordered a black short and long boot cover. I put the short one on and long one over that then bolt it up. No more flop!
You ordered a what? Are you talking about the low misalignment boots? If you are you can't put those on the draglink. You need misalignment in the joint when the suspension articulates
Old 09-01-2016, 09:04 AM
JK Junkie

This thing looks awesome but the price is the deal breaker, I like how it's no drilling http://www.fusion4x4.com/#!product-p...0-e95f2e6cbd1b
Still have to drill if run flipped
Old 09-01-2016, 09:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Monte417
You ordered a what? Are you talking about the low misalignment boots? If you are you can't put those on the draglink. You need misalignment in the joint when the suspension articulates
Yea those are not supposed to be used with the Dl

The Yeti links allows side to side misalignment but maybe 1/16 front/back so it stands straight up.
It wont flop at all which is good for joint life and boot wear. Clamps only require 40 ft lbs and adjustment is a easy as it gets.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2998520889.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	655809  

Last edited by kjeeper10; 09-01-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Yea those are not supposed to be used with the Dl

The Yeti links allows side to side misalignment but maybe 1/16 front/back so it stands straight up.
It wont flop at all which is good for joint life and boot wear. Clamps only require 40 ft lbs and adjustment is a easy as it gets.
I was asking him a question about dust boots he installed on his synergy draglink. Maybe they were the low misalignment boots maybe they werent which is why I was asking him by quoting his post. Im asking him in an effort to save him the headache of causing damage to his linkage by those boots limiting his vertical misalignment in his joints. He doesnt have a yeti draglink so im not sure how this information would help him unless he sells his perfectly good synergy draglink at a loss to buy a yeti draglink. Nothing against the yeti as I have no experience with it but its not the only answer to everything regaridng steering
Old 09-01-2016, 10:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Monte417
I was asking him a question about dust boots he installed on his synergy draglink. Maybe they were the low misalignment boots maybe they werent which is why I was asking him by quoting his post. Im asking him in an effort to save him the headache of causing damage to his linkage by those boots limiting his vertical misalignment in his joints. He doesnt have a yeti draglink so im not sure how this information would help him unless he sells his perfectly good synergy draglink at a loss to buy a yeti draglink. Nothing against the yeti as I have no experience with it but its not the only answer to everything regaridng steering
Yep, sorry i should of posted the 2nd paragraph separately.

First sentence was the reply to your post.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

Still have to drill if run flipped
Not planning on flipping since I'm not going with a higher lift so should I be good to go with the more expensive yeti?
Old 09-01-2016, 11:28 AM
JK Junkie

Not planning on flipping since I'm not going with a higher lift so should I be good to go with the more expensive yeti?
Up to you .. Great link but pricey.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Yep, sorry i should of posted the 2nd paragraph separately.

First sentence was the reply to your post.
No worries. I just wish synergy would get their head out their ass and start using no flop joints with more durable boots

Quick Reply: Draglink replacement recommendation for JK with 2.5 inch coil lift