Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

drag link and track bar bracket question

Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag link and track bar bracket question

Hi

I have a 2012 JK sport that I installed the Rough country 3.5" series 2 lift about year ago and I'm looking to do a draglink flip I know I have to get rid of the drop pitman arm and the stock trackbar (going to get an adjustable one trackbar and reinstall OEM pitman arm)

Do I need a different to get a new trackbar bracket to flip the drag link? If so which one?

I'm going to make a new drag link out of 1.5" dom tubing and gm 1 ton tie rods like the one done on jk freaks. already made up a tie rod link setup with off set 1 ton tie rods Just need to paint and install it.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 07:17 PM
JK Junkie

Yes you need to raise or lower the track bar to match the new angle of the drag link. Raising is the preferred method because the front roll center Is corrected also.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I would look at the synergy or genright. Rusty's has a good one too. Some have multiple mounting points to make adjustment easy. You will want to do both the front and rear brackets. at 3.5" of lift your links will be almost horizontal to the ground just make sure the drag link and track bar are parallel.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

You can also look at Rock Krawler Ultimate steering kit. It is a draglink flip, new draglink, new adjustable track bar, and weld on tracbar axle brackets.

Quick Reply: drag link and track bar bracket question