Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drag link/pitman arm

Old 10-18-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag link/pitman arm

Pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to confirm. I have a 4" lift on my JK, it has a drop pitman arm and raised trac bar mount on axle side. If I get a Senergy Draglink flip kit do I need to put stock pitman arm back on and still leave raised trac bar bracket? Drag link will mount on bottom of pitman arm and on top of knuckle? I read about having to extend bumpstops or flipped Draglink could hit frame during flex, how much travel would I loose by flipping Draglink? Any drawbacks to flipping Draglink?
Old 10-18-2014, 08:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCOutdoors
Pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to confirm. I have a 4" lift on my JK, it has a drop pitman arm and raised trac bar mount on axle side. If I get a Senergy Draglink flip kit do I need to put stock pitman arm back on and still leave raised trac bar bracket? Drag link will mount on bottom of pitman arm and on top of knuckle? I read about having to extend bumpstops or flipped Draglink could hit frame during flex, how much travel would I loose by flipping Draglink? Any drawbacks to flipping Draglink?
Drawback is maybe losing some up travel. Yes you would put the stock pitman arm back on and keep the raised tracbar bracket.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Drawback is maybe losing some up travel. Yes you would put the stock pitman arm back on and keep the raised tracbar bracket.
Good thing I was right cause I had to modify my raised tracbar bracket to fit with Artec Truss and I welded it on.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

The key is to keep the track bar and the drag link parallel to one another
Old 10-19-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
The key is to keep the track bar and the drag link parallel to one another
I was aware of that from researching but could I assume they will be parallel with stock pitman arm/drag link flip and raised tracbar bracket?
Old 10-19-2014, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was aware of that from researching but could I assume they will be parallel with stock pitman arm/drag link flip and raised tracbar bracket?
It should be depending on the bracket.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:54 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Correct. You use either:

drop pitman + the supplied tb bracket
or
stock pitman + drag link flipped to top of knuckle + trackbar bracket.

Having the drag link relocated at both ends (flipped to top of knuckle + lowering with drop pitman) will put the bars out of alignment.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried the drop pitman arm. Twice actually. They didn't stay tight on the shaft out of the steering box. The splines would fall out. I did a rubicon express flip drag link. It's great now.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

I also run the poly flipped drag link with a stock pitman arm and raised TB bracket. No issues in over 2 years with any of it.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I would get rid of the drop pitman arm and keep the axle mounted braket. It will do two things for you. 1. Should be enough to account for the flip. 2. Will move up your roll center which is a good thing.

Quick Reply: Drag link/pitman arm