Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drag Link Install

Old 11-05-2021, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Link Install

I’m reinstalling a drag link after installing a psc steering box. The box and the steering wheel is centered. My problem is my drag link can’t be shortened enough to fit. I have had a teraflex drag link. Anyone have any recommendations? Should I try to reinstall the drag link with the front axle drop? I currently have my Jeep on the ground with it’s wheels on.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 425 Posts

Is it a JK specified length DL? The only difference that could be there is some sort of offset in the pitman arm from PSC but they have been around too long to not tell you what you would need if it was different. Or did you install the pitman arm on to the new steering box in the incorrect orientation? I know the arm is keyed to clock correctly but just asking.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything is JK specific and the pittman arm is in the correct position. The next key location would be where the track bar is located. I contacted psc, just waiting for a response via email.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:20 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,686 Posts

Originally Posted by jcull35
Should I try to reinstall the drag link with the front axle drop?
This is NOT going to be the solution. That DL length is what it is. Getting it to physically fit in place won't matter much if you can't adjust it to get the steering wheel straightened. Agree with Sixty....that pitman arm is keyed and can only be installed 4 ways, 3 of which are obviously incorrect. Which PSC box did you install, big bore or a standard hydro? I wouldn't think either one would have changed the placement of the sector shaft and hence the pitman arm.....but something is not the same as it was before if that is the same DL you had on previously. Nothing else changed at all?

Originally Posted by jcull35
I contacted psc, just waiting for a response via email.
Best to pick up the phone and call them. Waiting on email communication is really hit and miss.

Quick Reply: Drag Link Install