Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drag link help

Old 04-22-2021, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag link help

Hey everyone, so i purchased the Teraflex heavy duty drag link for my 2016 2dr. Took off the old drag link and the measurement is 40.25in. Now heres the issue, the teraflex at its shortest length is 40.75in so the steering wheel is off center somewhere between 10 and 11 which has caused the Traction Control light to come on. Any recommendations on how i can make this work? I contacted Teraflex and was pretty much told to take it off and put it back on. Not much help there. Thanks everyone!
Old 04-22-2021, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

I have had really bad luck with anything teraflex. I think they’re a garbage product with awesome marketing which is the only reason for their success. However, as for your drag link, do you have an adjustable track bar? Is your axle centered under the Jeep with a good alignment? I’m not saying the track bar isn’t wonky, it is teraflex after all. But, if you have the Jeep lifted with a factory track bar, your axle may not be centered and more towards the driver side. This will make the teraflex drag link too long to fit how you need it.

If everything is good then I’d send the teraflex part back and buy something else.
The following users liked this post:
FolberC87 (04-22-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 04:16 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Yup, I was sitting here wondering if jeep is lifted or not, and if so, same thing....does it have an adjustable TB? No info in the profile and it's not specifically stated. If it is not a lifted jeep and the TF DL is too long even at the shortest setting, there's not a ton you're going to do with it.
The following users liked this post:
FolberC87 (04-22-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Yup, I was sitting here wondering if jeep is lifted or not, and if so, same thing....does it have an adjustable TB? No info in the profile and it's not specifically stated. If it is not a lifted jeep and the TF DL is too long even at the shortest setting, there's not a ton you're going to do with it.
yea i suck, it is a 2.5in lifted jeep on 33s. The trackbar is adjustable.

so youre both saying to move trackbar out towards passenger side? And that should move it out enough to allow drag link to go in properly?
Old 04-22-2021, 04:57 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,692 Posts

If the axle is currently centered, and you'd have to push it 1/2" to the passenger side just to make that DL work, I would explore returning the DL and going a different route if that is any possibility.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
If the axle is currently centered, and you'd have to push it 1/2" to the passenger side just to make that DL work, I would explore returning the DL and going a different route if that is any possibility.
i think ive had it too long to return it. And tbh i do think the TB is a bit too far to drivers side so that could be the issue that was just overlooked. Thank you all. Ill look into this in the morning
Old 04-22-2021, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

You need to have your alignment checked. If you simply adjust your track bar, your axle may not be square to your frame without adjusting your control arms. Also, your front and rear axle should track the same so adjusting your front axle without knowing how your rear tracks, you may have issues. Go to an alignment shop and take the new drag link with you, they may just do an alignment and throw in the drag link while they’re at it.

Quick Reply: Drag link help