Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

drag link flip kit question.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tiltz

Not my experience....

Its probably not really all that necessary for lifts under 4", but it doesn't hurt anything.

Think of it like this... If you are lifting your Jeep approximately 3 inches, the angle of your drag link and track bar are steeper than stock. If you flip your drag link to the top of the knuckle and raise the trackbar mount 3", you will reduce the angle of the track bar and drag link and are pretty much returning the steering geometry to stock.
I thought most drag link flips come with track bar brackets to fix that problem
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonka_yellow
I thought most drag link flips come with track bar brackets to fix that problem
Yeah, they do.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Rock krawler 3.5 X factor kit and a Synergy Flip kit on my 2013 JKU Rubicon.
It drove great. Except...
I had issues with the steering wheel pulling when going over a hill or dip in road. Seemed like it was following it.
I installed the Synergy high steer kit. Fixed my hill and dip issue. Now I have issues with torque steer.
Had it re-aligned and still have issues. Will be sending RK my Alignment specs tomorrow for help.

As far as general steering it seems better than stock.

Quick Reply: drag link flip kit question.