Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drag Link flip kit install questions

Old 11-12-2010, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Link flip kit install questions

When installing a drag link flip kit...

Is drilling the knuckle and using a tapered adaptor going to weaken the drag link knuckle mount? Would it be better to ream and re-taper from the top or does it really not make much of a difference?

Also, what would be the best flip kit to get? I dont need a track bar drop bracket as I already have a JKS front track bar brace. I dont need all the stuff that comes with the AEV Kit. I was thinking of the teraflex kit (without the brace) or the Currie drag link unless anyone else has a better suggestion. Bang for buck is always nice!!

Thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdmmd
When installing a drag link flip kit...

Is drilling the knuckle and using a tapered adaptor going to weaken the drag link knuckle mount? Would it be better to ream and re-taper from the top or does it really not make much of a difference?

Also, what would be the best flip kit to get? I dont need a track bar drop bracket as I already have a JKS front track bar brace. I dont need all the stuff that comes with the AEV Kit. I was thinking of the teraflex kit (without the brace) or the Currie drag link unless anyone else has a better suggestion. Bang for buck is always nice!!

Thanks
TeraFlex has been selling draglink flip kits for the JK/TJ for sometime now. Typically is not a issue unless someone doe's a really really bad drilling the hole out. Typically a flip draglink is not needed for a smaller 2.5" kit.

Last edited by TeraFlex; 11-12-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Drag Link flip kit install questions