Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drag link flip kit???

Old 11-28-2010, 01:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag link flip kit???

Maybe some of you more experienced guys can help me here. I have seen threads here and there about drag link flip kits and I was just wondering what they do? I have heard that they improve handling but beyond that I havent been able to find anything else. Thanks ya'll.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

From what I found I think it's for jeeps with lifts over 4" to help "reduce front wheel shimmy and other alignment issues." The kit I found was sold with a frame side trackbar to further help with the alignment issues. Hope that helps a little
Old 11-28-2010, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I heard it was for JK's with 4 or more inches of lift as well, so that would include me. Still not sure exactly what its for though I think my first assumption and your contribution are on the right track, but I hope one of the technical master minds on here helps us out. Thanks for the input!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've also been looking into this, and I would love to know more!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am a big fan of my Tera drag link flip kit. I was chasing down alignment and shimmy issues for months with no avail. After installing that kit, all issues were solved. It solves a lot of geometry issues that JK's seem to be highly sensitive to.
I only wish I had installed it earlier.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whitecon
I am a big fan of my Tera drag link flip kit. I was chasing down alignment and shimmy issues for months with no avail. After installing that kit, all issues were solved. It solves a lot of geometry issues that JK's seem to be highly sensitive to.
I only wish I had installed it earlier.
Thanks! Basically thats what I was looking for! Did you install the kit your self?
Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

It's a great kit if you're running over 4". Really takes the flightiness out of the front end, corrects the geometry of your steering components, and adds a frame brace. TF kit is beast, if you don't already have one, I'd recommend their forged front trackbar also.

The drag link flip does require welding to install.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy peasy to install the tera flip kit. You do have to drill out the front knuckle and pound a tapered sleeve into it. The welding required only takes about 5min.

I should add that with 4 or more in of lift, your stock draglink is at a pretty good angle, when you add passenger side droop into the equation, it's putting alot of stress on the draglink ends that wasn't ment to be there. Like whats already been said, it corrects your geometry for on-road aswell as off. I would say that my steering feel and function is a good 50 percent better than what it was without it. I got the kit in only a couple days before I went to Moab and didnt have time to install. I wished I'd ordered it sooner, woulda made my drive there and back alot nicer.

Last edited by mkjeep; 11-28-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hmmm

Thanks for the help with that one guys... I guess its time to revise the mod list, again.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Tera Flex on order and hope it fixes my bump steer.

Quick Reply: Drag link flip kit???