Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drag link flip

Old 09-06-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag link flip

I have a 4" RC lift on my 09 JKU and need to replace my drag link and tie rods soon (getting loose). I was thinking about going with a draglink flip. I have a trackbar relo bracket on the front axle right now - how would a draglink flip kit affect this? Would I have to switch to an adj track bar as well? Anything else I'd need to do? Just trying to avoid surprises.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deman
I have a 4" RC lift on my 09 JKU and need to replace my drag link and tie rods soon (getting loose). I was thinking about going with a draglink flip. I have a trackbar relo bracket on the front axle right now - how would a draglink flip kit affect this? Would I have to switch to an adj track bar as well? Anything else I'd need to do? Just trying to avoid surprises.
If anything the draglink flip would improve handling. You want the angle of the draglink and trackbar to be parallel to reduce bumpsteer. A tb relocate only would throw the angles wacky, youd be raising the tb, while dropping the draglink with the lift. Id suggest getting a complete highsteer kit over mix matching with your tb bracket. Also I'd definately suggest adj trackbars with that much lift. You won't necassarily have to have them if choose to do a high steer kit, but I can't think why you wouldn't want the axles perfectly centered. Id also suggest if you need tie rod ends, to just go with a a complete tie rod assy, the stock bar is weak and youll be upgrading tie rod ends at the same time. Perfect time to do it.

Last edited by highwayman; 09-06-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Drag link flip