Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Down flex question

Old 09-22-2013, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down flex question

I guys !! I have a 2008 jk rubicon with a 2.5 rough country spacer lift, jks disconnect sway bar, 36 military tires. At this moment I have my stock shocks... and it's time for change. I want to stay with my 2.5" lift but add more down flex. Does everybody knows if with the fox shocks 2.5"-4" if I will get the max down flex that I want? or if you propose me other shocks with the perfect fit.

fox 2.5"-4" shocks that I was thinking : | TeraFlex Suspensions

Please help me!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

I saw a jeep with the teraflex fox shocks and the result is awesome and I found a big deal on those teraflex fox shocks and I baught it today. Can't wait to have them. for the rest I read a lot about buiding the best 2.5 lift with big flex but no one really write the specifications.

-. teraflex fox shocks 2.5" to 4"
-. 3" bumpstop
-. adjustable track bar from rock krawler
-. Long arm kit uprgrade from rock krawler (3 arms)( the one who probably give the best result)
-. probably specific coil like, rock krawler or teraflex because the shocks are valved for those coil, to remove the rough country puck
-. get longer brake lines

If I forgot things or want to say things about other brand just say it!! just want to help beginner like me and save 5 hours of reading
Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by rubicoult06
I guys !! I have a 2008 jk rubicon with a 2.5 rough country spacer lift, jks disconnect sway bar, 36 military tires. At this moment I have my stock shocks... and it's time for change. I want to stay with my 2.5" lift but add more down flex. Does everybody knows if with the fox shocks 2.5"-4" if I will get the max down flex that I want? or if you propose me other shocks with the perfect fit.

fox 2.5"-4" shocks that I was thinking : | TeraFlex Suspensions

Please help me!!!
Are you looking for more droop.Longer shocks will help that
Old 09-23-2013, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

To get the "best" droop (down travel), you'll want longer shocks to allow for the travel but also a decent coil to extend. Unfortunately (as I'm sure you've noticed) the puck doesn't do much expanding when you start to unload the coil.

You need to do more searching before you look into long arms- it's a big step that you don't "need" at 2.5".

You can pick any coils you'd like but after many miles, you'll see some folks swapping out their TF coils to another brand. RK, Synergy, and Metalcloak seem to be where people go.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by k0260; 09-23-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: non-forum link
Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 PM
JK Newbie

Wow thank you so much for the link... all the information at one place!!
What you said about de coil is very interessant. I found the 3" synergie coil and probably go with this but I have a question for you before buying them!

I bought some fox shocks (build and valved for high speed like in dunes) and I want to know if the dual rate of synergie will be ok for the high speed or the progressive coil will be bether? confused..
Old 09-23-2013, 10:51 PM
JK Newbie

I think I dont ask the right question scuse me.. At firdt me I want more down travel and the dual rate is a good choice. So the question is: I want to know if the dual rate will affect(bad) the high speed performance of the fox shocks?

And scuse me for my bad english.. I'm french but still trying to write correctly..
Old 09-25-2013, 03:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rubicoult06
I think I dont ask the right question scuse me.. At firdt me I want more down travel and the dual rate is a good choice. So the question is: I want to know if the dual rate will affect(bad) the high speed performance of the fox shocks?

And scuse me for my bad english.. I'm french but still trying to write correctly..
It kind of depends on what you're building towards. Are you looking for speed, travel, or both.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=ScrappyJkur;3687848]It kind of depends on what you're building towards. Are you looking for speed, travel, or both.[/QUOTE

At first I'm looking for travel but I want to be able to do some speed like 60% travel and 40% speed.

Quick Reply: Down flex question