Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Door Surround for Bestop Trektop NX Already Broke

Old 08-18-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Surround for Bestop Trektop NX Already Broke

So has anyone had an issue with the portion of the door surround that holds the bow or arch (the rod that goes from left to right that takes the sag out of the middle of the top) breaking? The notch that the bow slides into has broke off. I've only had the top since last fall! I've tried calling Bestop but of course it's Sunday and they are closed. I sent an email and hope to hear back soon. Just thought I'd see if I was the only one or this is a reoccurring thing. Any input, suggestions or quick fixes would be great!

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpizzle10
So has anyone had an issue with the portion of the door surround that holds the bow or arch (the rod that goes from left to right that takes the sag out of the middle of the top) breaking? The notch that the bow slides into has broke off. I've only had the top since last fall! I've tried calling Bestop but of course it's Sunday and they are closed. I sent an email and hope to hear back soon. Just thought I'd see if I was the only one or this is a reoccurring thing. Any input, suggestions or quick fixes would be great!

Thanks!
Try them again during the week or contact who you purchased it from. I had the same thing happen and was told by quadratec that the piece has been reinforced now and bestop shipped me a new section under warranty. I'm just going to install it now actually.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a top with missing parts and they helped me figure out what I needed.

SO the customer service was good over the phone. I will let you know tomorrow if i get the parts.

Quick Reply: Door Surround for Bestop Trektop NX Already Broke