Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Door stuck?

Old 05-22-2014, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door stuck?

This is really strange problem. I remove this screws at the bottom of the doors all the doors came off but the passenger rear door will not come out of the hinges. Any ideas?
Old 05-22-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can use a jack and a block of wood and slowly jack it up until it pops free. Add some grease to the hinge pins next time you put the doors back on.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was the first time I have had the doors off since five and the vehicle. Turns out that my neighbor who owns a TJ came over and showed me where the hinge was pinching for some reason or another.

I was trying to take the door off with it all the way open however he lifted it where it was closer to being closed.

Thank you for the input. I will add some grease to it when I put them back on after this weekend.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem the first time I took all my doors off. At least for me some break free worked. When I out them back on I lubed them really well which may or may not help (I haven't taken them off for nearly two years now so I don't know if I'll have a problem when I do).
Old 05-23-2014, 03:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had same issue last year trying to get my doors off, except it was all of them. Used the jack method and once off changed out all the door liners with TMR Customs Derlin inserts. Come off so easy now, definitely worth it.

Quick Reply: Door stuck?