Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Door Hinge-mount mirrors?

Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoso77
Are those the Harley mirrors several people have mentioned? If so, how much did they run you? I like that option, both for looks and for not having to remove my factory mirrors or buy a dedicated set of replacements to use the ditech mounts.
Just found a set of these on Amazon for about $45.

DBI Set Of Left And Right Replacement Black Mirrors For Harley-Davidson:Amazon:Automotive

Last edited by k0260; 03-29-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: link to non-sponsor
Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

All thread, two nuts, a wing nut, and a mirror (truck stops have really good selections most of the time) and you can save yourself some money. A smaller, lighter mirror with a short arm from the mirror to hinge will be much more sturdy
Old 03-29-2013, 11:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Skinfather
X3 they work great
I have that same Harley mirror it was around 35.
But I just got a set of the rugged ridge quick disconnect mirrors since I can't use the hinge location with the soft half doors I picked up.
Just put the RR ones on tonight and went for a drive up to 60 and they did not shake at all.
With the discount the pair only was about 60 with tax at 4wheel parts.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 AM
JK Newbie

I made my mirror from all-thread, a few washers, acorn nut, a wing nut, and some nylon tubing. The mirror was from an auto parts store and all were painted flat black after assembly. Aside from the paint I already had, the parts and mirror were less than $20. I keep it in my toolbox where I store the doors when off. Doors come off and the mirror goes on. Yes, there is some vibration, but it is tolerable. Good luck!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

No problems with the Rugged Ridge mirrors. Been solid so far, and $60 for the pair.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130330_002.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	440740
Old 03-31-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use 2 different ways and they work awesome together.. I use a Harley Davidson mirror which fits perfectly in the hinge as well as a 2.5 inch round convex mirror stuck to the flat side of my AC vent.. The Harley mirror works great as a normal mirror and the convex mirrors are AWESOME for the blind spots...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3112163124.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	440812  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Well as luck would have it, my wife bought me a pair of the RR relocation brackets that use the factory mirrors. These weren't my first choice, but I also don't want to offend her. Anyone with experience on these? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the passenger side is hard to see with these?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zoso77
Well as luck would have it, my wife bought me a pair of the RR relocation brackets that use the factory mirrors. These weren't my first choice, but I also don't want to offend her. Anyone with experience on these? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the passenger side is hard to see with these?
They work fine and are easy to see out of as the normal location. But if you leave them attached there, shorten your holding strap for your door or you will have to re-adjust your passenger mirror everytime your wife gets in :-)
Old 03-31-2013, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

The ditech mirrors mount solidly like a door. The mirrors vibrate as little as factory mirrors and the wind doesn't affect them either. They use OEM mirrors so you can remove your stock mirrors or buy a spare set from the many vendors out there or buy the brackets and mirror package directly from ditech.I didn't like the Lange mirrors because the set screw digs a hole in your paint after the little rubber pad on the set screw wears out (which is instantly). The ditechs are top quality!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Irish Bullfrog
I use 2 different ways and they work awesome together.. I use a Harley Davidson mirror which fits perfectly in the hinge as well as a 2.5 inch round convex mirror stuck to the flat side of my AC vent.. The Harley mirror works great as a normal mirror and the convex mirrors are AWESOME for the blind spots...
These are freaking genius! Where'd you get them?

Quick Reply: Door Hinge-mount mirrors?