Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Door Entry Guards?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Mopar black plastic, works great. Do not get metal ones, my buddy has them and they are rusting.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the stainless guards, no problems at all.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

My Mopar ones are black plastic diamondplate. Has Jeep logo...very clean loooking and protective....not too pricy either.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

How thick is the plastic on those things? does it create an issue with closing the door? My doors are already hard to close because the top does not seat right
Old 10-14-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had them on my TJ but haven't gotten a set for the JK yet. Only issue with the TJ is the door seal that runs along the bottom started to pull away from the door. I bought some stuff to glue the door seals back onto the vehicle. Me and my buddies used it on the TJs and worked great and still have most of the tube left.

Anyone have the same issues with the door seals and the JKs with entry guards?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jword
How thick is the plastic on those things? does it create an issue with closing the door? My doors are already hard to close because the top does not seat right
They are pretty thin but hold up quite well. Kids are always standing on them... no issues so far
Old 10-14-2008, 12:03 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Default Well worth it

I have the the black plastic Jeep ones that look like diamond plate. I learned my leason on my lifted truck so this was the second item I purchase for Jeep. They do NOT get in the way of the door closing at all.

A buddy of mine has a very nice looking black JK and put some of that clear 3M paint protection tape on his door jams. That stuff has taken a pretty good beating and now looks like hell.

I would think the bedliner idea would work well (that's what I ended up doing on my truck) but the Mopar items when on in 5 minute per door. Pretty good investment if you ask me.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice! I think Im going to go with the black plastic ones Mopar makes. Seems like a good deal for the money!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shredX
I've put them on two JK's. Worth the $. Not sure why these are not on there from the factory.

X2
Old 10-14-2008, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Black plastic ones as well. Work good, and don't affect door closure - they're not at the contact point.

Quick Reply: Door Entry Guards?