Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Don't know &!?&@ about tires, help

Old 05-27-2014, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Don't know &!?&@ about tires, help

Ready to buy a set of tires, trying to hurry so I can use Goodyears rebate, 4 days left. Ok almost same price 35/12.5/17 km2, 315/70/17 Duratrac, or 35/12.5/17 MTR's. 2013 jk unlimited, 3.73 auto. Load range c or d? I hoping to run on stock wheels, already using spidertrax spacers. I'm down south no snow only mud and sand and it is my daily driver, but running stock rubicon so they serve my use fine. Are 35" load c that much different a load d 315/70/17. any advice would help I have search and there is just too much info to understand. 2.5 coil lift by the way, Thanks
Old 05-27-2014, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stick with load range C which I believe your only option of those three will be the MTRk.

I'm running KM2s again on my current rig but would have gotten MTRs when I bought tires had they not been back ordered.

Load range c will be lighter, better ride, and get better wrap.

I've had the 35" MTRk on a JKUR and they ride great at 25-30 lbs. do the chalk test and see what your particular rig likes in psi to weight.

I'd start at 29 and go down from there. I usually run 25 in the summer and 27 in the winter.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Load D will be a rougher ride. Harder compound tire, last a bit longer, tougher off road, etc. With that said, Nitto also has a few "35's" in load range c. Look up the specs. The p metric trail grappler is a c range as well as the terra grappler. You just gotta narrow down your use/tread demands and dig around. Often, the p metrics will have similar specs but just stamped for metric sizing.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the northeast and love my mtr's. Work great in mud,snow and sand. Not too crazy about how they handle on ice but doubt you would have to worry about that anyway

Quick Reply: Don't know &!?&@ about tires, help