Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Don't hate me: Stock X with 2.5 AND Rubi Unltd Takeoffs?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't hate me: Stock X with 2.5 AND Rubi Unltd Takeoffs?

I know, I know, there are a million threads out there about lifts.

I haven't seen any with this combination so I thought I would annoy everyone with ANOTHER thread. Aren't I clever?

Anyway....

I ordered my RC 2.5 and I have a set of Rubi Unlimited Hard Top springs and shocks. Figures I would just install everything at once.

I can't be the only person to do this and was looking for someone else who might have completed this mod and could give me their impressions.

With the average 1" to 1.5" folks seems to be getting with the Rubi swap on a stock, 2dr X model, can I really expect 3.5" from the combination of the two?

One last question:

The Rough Country does not come with bump stop extenders, do I need to go ahead and find some elsewhere? I won't be doing any extreme offroading, just mild-to-middlin.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nothing wrong with that IMO . . just dont put Rubi decals on . . then you'll get flamed

Show us some pics when its done please. I also have a stock X and would like to see it lifted with that setup on stock wheels/tires.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

I did it but with a 2" BB. FWIW, i got just under an inch in the rear and just over 1.5 in the front from the springs alone.

Spacer lift is a straightup increase in height so with your 2.5 BB that would be approx 3.5" in the rear and close to 4" in the front. Of course if you have heavy bumper, winch, etc it could be a bit less. I'm running an XRC8 & the EOne Basic DX which is a very lightweight bumper.

Oh and yeah, get some bumpstop extensions. SOmeone recently threw up a post that showed them using two hockey pucks bolted together.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The Rough Country does not come with bump stop extenders, do I need to go ahead and find some elsewhere? I won't be doing any extreme offroading, just mild-to-middlin.
Will you be disconnecting?

I'd go ahead and toss some front extended bumpstops in when you do the lift. Even if you don't need them 'yet', they are cheap and it'll save you having to pull the front end apart a second time to install them.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Will you be disconnecting?

I'd go ahead and toss some front extended bumpstops in when you do the lift. Even if you don't need them 'yet', they are cheap and it'll save you having to pull the front end apart a second time to install them.
I second that motion ;-)
Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions on the bump stops. Being a newbie to lifiting anything more than a beer, I need all the help I can get.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

the rough country 2.2 shocks have bumpstops built in to them...so unless you are using shock extensions, or their cheap shocks then you won't need any additional bumpstops
Old 06-08-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Preacher
I know, I know, there are a million threads out there about lifts.

I haven't seen any with this combination so I thought I would annoy everyone with ANOTHER thread. Aren't I clever?

Anyway....

I ordered my RC 2.5 and I have a set of Rubi Unlimited Hard Top springs and shocks. Figures I would just install everything at once.

I can't be the only person to do this and was looking for someone else who might have completed this mod and could give me their impressions.

With the average 1" to 1.5" folks seems to be getting with the Rubi swap on a stock, 2dr X model, can I really expect 3.5" from the combination of the two?

One last question:

I'm calling bullshit on people seeing that much of a gain. Not that your lying, I've read the claims, I just dont believe it.

the Rubicon rides like a brick. IMO. buy some better coils and shocks and enjoy the ride.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice language ie b.s.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TAMU Jeeper
nice language ie b.s.

too much for you??

Quick Reply: Don't hate me: Stock X with 2.5 AND Rubi Unltd Takeoffs?